Tuesday, January 27, 2015

HP Laptop Beat Audio Sound Problem in Linux


I recently purchased a HP laptop. It works well and much better than what I anticipated. Except one, well, two problems in Ubuntu.

One problem is the sound is too soft in Ubuntu, and the other problem is the fingerprint security system.

After some googling, I figured that the sound problem can be fixed,

http://www.smittix.co.uk/beats-audio-subwoofer-not-working-correctly-ubuntu-14-04/

Basically, manually overide non-detected internal speakers. HP laptop has two additional speakers, how cool is that!!

However, I could not find the suitable driver for the fingerprint security system.

:(

At least I am enjoying better sound!!

Good job HP, and hopefully HP cares more about linux, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment